Vitamin K has long remained underrated , but recent studies suggest paired with D and C it may benefit the immune system.
Potentially part of building a strategic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Observational studies have demonstrated a correlation between low K and D status with compromised bone health and increased cardiovascular risks. From there, interventional studies have proven that combining vitamins K2 and D3 positively impacted bone mineral density in both children and adults, and clinical research have demonstrated their beneficial influence on cardiovascular and insulin metabolism markers in adults.
Research supporting vitamin D supplementation is already compelling and quickly gaining government and public notice
A clinical trial investigating possible benefits of vitamin K2 supplementation in COVID-19 patients has been initiated by the Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, Netherlands. Funded by Kappa Bioscience, the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled “KOVIT” trial aims to evaluate whether vitamin K status affects elastic fibers degradation in the lungs. Research will be led by two doctors—pulmonologist Rob Janssen, Ph.D., and coordinating investigator Jona Walk, Ph.D., resident in internal medicine.
Pure Vitality's Vitamin K2 with D3 and Vitamin C capsules combine three nutrients extensively researched for their contribution to supporting general immunity.
Studies have revealed that vitamin K2 with D3 especially provide targeted support for.
- Lung health and upper respiratory health
- The cardiovascular system
- Bones and teeth
- THE PERFECT PAIR: Vitamins K2 & D3 were simply meant to be together.
- While Vitamin D is widely known for its vital role in regulating the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and facilitating normal immune system function, it’s probably not so well known that Vitamin D NEEDS Vitamin K2 to maximize its effectiveness.
- Vitamin C supports better absorption of the Vitamin K2, and is also vital for boosting natural immunity.
- Recent studies indicate that Vitamin D3 may support healthy blood sugar balance.
- 180mcg of Vitamin K per dose is effective for healthy heart health and is critical for supporting the formation of a healthy strong bone matrix.
- Non-GMO, Soy Free, Gluten Free, Sugar Free
For references and related content
-Trygve Bergeland is the vice president of science at Kappa Bioscience.
- Immune health and vitamins D and K2 | Natural Products INSIDER
- Immune health rising | Natural Products INSIDER